NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The correct ep's lol

Hi, ive seen and read many posts, reviews about eps, and am unsure still on what will work with a skyliner 250px.

I was thinking a 5mm, 6mm & 7mm TS Planetary HR for planets and all for £162, but for Dso and the likes am unsure.

Any info would be great, as for price i would be looking for another 2 eps up to £150ish

johnk

My most used ep for DSO's is a 13mm, though at £200 my LVW is outside your price range.

The magnification, x92 is just right to bring in those fuzzies and darken the sky.

More for star clusters than anything, something aroung 20-22mm is also useful.

Get an eyepiece which can deliver the max field of view in the scope, something in the 30mm size will work as your DSO finder ep. Then something like a 12 or 13mm ep which will give you around x100 once you've found the DSO with the low power ep then switch to the higher power ep to study it. A 13mm Baader Hyperion is £98 from Rother Valley optics.

Hey Chris was hoping you would see this, Seen as you have a 10"er lol

But yeh thats what I was thinking mate, I like the look of the hyperons and not too expensive , what about my choice of high powered ep's, do you know if they any good?

john

what 30mm ep do you suggest?

I tried the 17mm and 24mm Hyperion on my 250PX. The 17mm suffered from blackouts and i never felled that i got the 24mm right into focus, the 26mm Nagler i tried before just snapped into focus. Guess the f/4.8 might be to demanding. (Had no problems with the 5mm though, had lovely closeups from the moon in the last days)

So in the end i bit the bullet and went for the 2 ep's in my signature.

Lesson learned, don't start with a excellent ep our you might find it hard to use something else afterwards ;)

Seriously though if the scope comes with a 25mm ep I would use it as a finder ep for the time being. Instead get a good eyepiece such as a Nagler 12T4 or 13T6 and a x2 barlow, the scope is F4.7 so quality ep's to deliver better views. If you went down this route you would hopefully buy an ep that will be a keeper.

ok av managed to narrow it down and my budget is bit bigger, well as big am willing to go so here goes, as much advice as poss please guys.

first lot Baader Planetarium - Baader Hyperion 68 degree eyepiece all 7 i would get as a set.

second William Optics - William Optics UWAN eyepiece all 4 as a set

remember i would be using them with the skyliner 250px and planetary and dso viewing ;)

Skywatcher haves the nirvana line usually at better prices and they are the same as WO UWAN. That's 640 for the set instead of 700. Not much but everyone says they are exactly the same from the same factory, just different name on the side, besides Doc uses them on his 16" and says they performe really well.

I can also recomend the 2 quality EPs + barlow route. I got my Nagler 31T5, Ethos 10mm and BigBarlow, all 2nd hand in mint condition, for about 750£.

Archived