NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Transport / Carry bags etc.

Hi guys, I'd just like to know what you guys use when/if you have to transport your scopes. Having recently received my 8" reflector it's quite cumbersome to carry individual pieces and would appreciate your recommendations on any holdalls or whatever you use to transport your scope and mount etc.

I think I have heard others using army surplus holdalls for their scopes. I am going to make a wooden box for my refractor but my 12" dob, I just put lots of duvets around it when putting it into my golf. with the front seat forward and one of the rear seats down it fits quit snugly. I always plan on collimating the dob anyway so it's not the end of the world if it gets knocked a few times on the journey.

The one posted by jamie looks pretty similar to a bag sold at Wilkinsons for travelling. Theirs had a handle and wheels but otherwise looks about the same in dimensions.

If you find one you would need foam to line it, which I suspect came with Jame's or it was padded internally.

The one posted by jamie looks pretty similar to a bag sold at Wilkinsons for travelling. Theirs had a handle and wheels but otherwise looks about the same in dimensions.

If you find one you would need foam to line it, which I suspect came with Jame's or it was padded internally.

FYI

Mine is made from heavy duty canvas, is padded and has sections for storing different items.

Archived