Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide angle EP?

Evening all, looking to purchase a wide field EP maybe a 35mm or something like that? something that will give me bright, clear crisp images of a wide area.

Any idea where i can get one to go with SW 130P?

And preferably one that is not maga money! ie. Under £30?(if possible;))

EDIT

Also might as well use this thread to ask something else instead of double threading.

What EP and filter would be best to get good views of Nebula/ Galaxies with the mentioned scope?

32mm would probably be the best average size. If you want cheap, crisp and quality views I'd suggest the new(ish) Vixen NPL type - the eyepices feels a bit plasticky but the views are very good. I have one on approval at the moment. I think they run out around the £30 mark.

The other one I have tried of late is the SKywatcher Super Plossl. The views weren't quite as good (personal opinion) as the NPL but its was still a nice EP and the build quality felt better.

My ec favourite when I had a 130 was the Celestron Omni which was on a par woth the Skywatcher but I think the Vixen NPL shaded it slightly.

I'd avoid filters in a small scope for deep sky objects - perhaps at most a light pollution filter. Most small scopes suffer badly with aggressive filters like OIII and UHC types.

Ok thanks guys! i think the Vixen NPL type looks good! where abouts can i get?

Orion Optics (UK) do the NPL range but I'm not sure they have a 32mm - 30mm seems the nearest.

On filters, the Baader UHC-S filter works well in smaller aperture scopes - I've used one with an 80mm refractor to spot the Veil Nebula. They are a bit over £50 for a 1.25" fitting one new.

Archived