Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

storing a 150p skywatcher

juat wondered how and where people stored there scopes? especially the above mentioned as mine should be here tomorrow.

am i best leaving the tripod up for instance somewhere? and maybe keep scope safe in house?

shoule it be a warm place or does it matter again sorry for newbie questions lol

I keep my scope in the garage, many have theirs in the shed. Scopes are made to be used outdoors at night, and as long as they aren't going to get soaking wet, blown over or stolen, you can keep them pretty much anywhere. Indoors is fine - just be sure to cap all the optics before coming inside, otherwise they'll steam up.

My 8" newt, plus all the rest of the kit is in the cellar, nice and dry and cool :).

Mind you it takes up quite a bit of space, I'm forever being asked if it can't be packed up more & do I really need all this stuff? :D

Archived