Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first light dmk21 saturn

Neo_uk

Hi,

All though i have used the dmk for solar imaging this is my first light with it on a dark sky obect infact my first for some 18 months so i got my c8 out and had a go at saturn the seeing was not that great but see what you think ....... critisisim welcome ....how else do you learn !!!

many thanks for looking chris

post-14104-133877441581_thumb.jpg

I think thats really good- I posted a rather badly processed monochrome using the same DMK as yourself. Are you using a barlow/powermate?

Well done. :D

Hi,

This was taken straight through the celestron c8 so f10 no barlow

seeing was not good enough to push the mag up i did do a avi using a tv powermate 2.5 but haven't processed it as yet

Let me know how you get on with the powermate image. In response to your question on my monochrome image about wavelet processing I must admit it is all a bit like 'black magic' to me.

I have tweaked wavelet settings on Registax and only the topmost setting seems to sharpen things nicely provided you don't push the slider to far to the right- as to how it works Iam really lost.

There are some excellent planetary imagers on this section who either live on Hubble or are pure genius at the post processing aspect.

Would appreciate any advice from these guys as well as yourself :D

Archived