Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New foam for ep case?

the other option is just wait until Maplins have another offer at £15. they seem to come up regularly.

Shane I'm thinking the same thing. When I searched for new foam I could not find any that cost less than my case.

if there's not a store local to you I could always get one for you as I work in Manchester. you could then collect at your leisure, although I occasionally come to Anglesey/North Wales on business so I might even be able to bring it over. I've got two already but may well buy another when the next offer is on. I tend to keep the bits I pull out too as you can always turn the insides over and start again at least once I reckon?

I'm jealous of the lovely skies you must get over there. I bet they are somewhat inky black compared with Stockport!

Thanks for the offer but I got free postage last time I ordered so I'll have to keep my eye on the web site.

Yes skies are pretty good here I used to know some one who lived on Didsbury Rd so I've seen you skies not the best. We do get quite a lot of light pollution from the North Wales coast & Liverpool.

Are you familiar with Anglesey? I went over to Newborough/Llandwyn Island on Saturday. I reckon it will be an excellent spot for a bit of stargazing with views east, south and west over the Irish Sea, Cardigan Bay and the Llyn Peninsula where there is very little light pollution. It's a spot that's certainly worth a visit. I'll be checking it out soon.

cheers Chris

I have been to Anglesey quite a lot and yes, I know this area. In the same general area, I have a friend who has a caravan at Aberdaron on the Lleyn and he tells me the Milky Way is often stunning to the naked eye.

I looked on a light pollution map and Aberdaron looks to me like the nearest best site with a limiting mag of 5.75 - 6, not bad at all. Alternatives are mid Wales (too many hills) and then its up to Dumfries or Kielder which are a bit of a trek.

Archived