Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Walk with dog!

Afternoon all!

Went for a lovely stroll last night with the dog along the beach and the views were amazing!

Managed to see:

Orion

Ursa Major

Casseopiea (Not sure how you spell it)

Venus

Mercury

Mars

M44!

So all in all a very lovely walk and managed to do my first sketch! which is in imaging section! feel free to comment

( marsandm44.th.jpg )

The views of m44 and mars through binoculars were quite incredible!

Er.. i'm not sure, i might have! there were alot of stars i did not know what they belonged to and if they were in between what i saw i could well have done! where abouts would they have been last night?

HehHehHeh!!. Brian is having a little fun with you Astorix.

Canis means Dog, and Canis Major/Minor, refers to Sirius, which is called the Dog Star, and Minor is the Pup, a small unseen binary which is a companion of Sirius. They both orbit around a common cente of gravity.

Ron.:D

Ah touche! very clever! i get it now, see how naive i am at this!

Yeah, but not for long mate. You will soon learn, and we are here to help you along. And It's good you can take a joke.

Astronomy has to have a fun side too.:D.

Ron.

You got that right! when she See's small dogs out and about she doesn't bat an eyelid, but when she See's a Labrador, Alsatian or husky! she thinks she is invincible! kinda sweet!:D

Sounds very similar to my 2 yr old Yorkie. Just last week she took on a Huskie. All the other dog was doing was sniffing my dogs backside. Thats like a dog hand shake.

Archived