Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C6 OTA WO 80 Mounting Options

Hi, I previously emailed this enquiry to FLO but received no answer so I was hoping that some of you guys could tell me what I should be ordering. I have looked at all the Dovetails and mounts etc but have been totally confused by it all.

I am looking for a means to mount a WO FD 80 on a Celestron CG-5. Can you please tell me which dovetail I should purchase to go with the WO 90mm rings in order to be able to mount onto the CG-5.

In addition I would like to be able to piggyback the WO FD80 onto a Celestron CPC925 (for use as a guide scope). Again, can you please tell me what I should be ordering. Finally I would like to mount the WO FD80 onto a C6 OTA (on the CG-5) so I can use that for guiding.

Sorry about the number of questions but I just want to order the correct bits.

Many thanks,

Trevor

I have the William Optics FD 80 with the WO tube rings and the short WO dovetail mount. It would mount the CG5 no problems. That set up is super sturdy and is virtually overkill for that scope, but that is a good thing.

You will need guiding rings for piggy back use, but this is an area that I am not experienced in, so I cannot advise.

The SlyWatcher medium dovetail will work just fine for the WO80. The ADM dovetail from FLO is better but rather pricey.

The ADM guidescope mounting bar system from FLO is a great piece of kit, really solidly built. You will also want the ADM counterweight system as well in order to balance the scope properly. They also fasten onto the CPC 925 in just a couple of minutes.

Is it the C6 Newt or the C6 SCT OTA?

John

Archived