NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak

Hello all, was thinking about getting myself one of these as my first scope at the end of the month.

Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak AUTO

Can anyone give me any reasons why NOT to get it? Or maybe anything else I should consider I may not have thought of.I have a budget of £250.

EDIT: Sorry I really should say that I will be using the scope to look around in amazement at what is around us in the night sky. No imaging or anything like that.

Thanks for any answers :)

Mike

i had the supatrck 130p , see my avitar, and i loved it only sold it as i wanted to do more imaging and needed an eq mount, compaired to my 6" sct there`s not alot of differance so for the money the scopes are brill, very easy to use, you can be up and running within 2 minutes as they are easy to polar align.

the only down side is the power, it comes with a battery pack that requires 8aa batterys, it`s good but costs alot for batterys every few weeks, so get a plug in power adapter, i`ve got one from e bay for £17 and you need a cigar adapter lead for about £7

i have the adapter still, if you want to buy it from me let me know i`ll send you a pic

cheers Rob

Archived