Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FOV!?!?!?!?!?

cyroflame

hey guys trying t use this website, http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fov.htm

and it says to enter field ov view? how do i know what the field of view for this scope is? Skywatcher explorer 130p supatrak auto

The site at the link above just asks for your scope aperture, focal length, barlow (if used) and camera type. I think it then works out your field of view for you.

Edit: if you switch to visual then it "knows" the FoV of lots of eyepieces from a drop down list.

There is a pull down menu on the left for selecting the telescope ( the Skywatcher 130P Explorer is in there). On the right is another pull down for selecting the eyepiece. Below that there is an objects menu from where you select your object. Add a barlow if you wish from the barlow menu and then press the submit button.

Peter

Hi Mike,

The column on the left is for the 'scope parameters.

The one to the right is for eyepiece parameters.

The focal length of the EP, in mm, is usually stamped on the side.

If you don't know the Apparent Field of View of your EPs it can usually be found on the manufacturer's website.

Or via a quick google. :)

Archived