Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brian Cox on Jonathan Ross

Space Bat

OK OK, I guess that JR is not everyones cup of tea, but did anyone catch it just to see Brian?

It was a good interview - with Brown Coats bringing out some liquid nitrogen for demonstrating how cold it would be on the surface of the moons out at Jupiter/Saturn.

JR scared the life out of Brian, by insisting he should be ok to quickly grab an egg out of the nitrogen, if he was really really quick.

Worth catching up on iplayer as it was pretty funny with JR bringing out an alternative collider :(

Chris

it was good. wathed the iPlayer version this afternoon.

i thought Ross was okay, especially with him doing Film 200X, but after that stunt with 'not so leading brand' then he went downhill quickly, especially after we found out he was on £12 million for 5 years or whatever.

back to the show though:

a good 15 minutes of t.v. there, its hard to combine astronomy/physics and entertainment and i think it came off well. Cox'y is a pretty cool guy and he got in a few comical lines. it would be good to see more astronomy people (including women!!) like him on regular t.v. opening science and mainly astronomy up to a new audience. As Brian put it, anyone can do it and its pretty easy for kids. There's no right or wrong way to learn it (unless its physics) and there's so much stuff to find out no-one will ever know everything.....which kinda makes it all that more interesting.

Archived