Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One or two eyes?

I posted a poll to see what people preferred - most went with the one eye approach...

I personally have found - that by keeping both eyes open and place a hand on the non observing eye, provides a better viewing to bring out more detail.

Some have found the use of eyepatches valuable

Chris

I think that by using your brain to concentrate in keeping one eye shut from light with one open taxes it to the point of it being uncomfortable...:)

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule - more what is comfortable for you approach.

Chris

But isn't the idea that having only one open causes less eye strain and in fact can somehow make you see better?

I think it's a matter of personal preference... my eye sees best when it's relaxed, and the method most relaxing to me is keeping one eye closed.

Keeping both eyes open gives me eyestrain headaches and i couldn't be bothered using an eyepatch or covering the other eye, because it's just too tedious when i'm sketching. So i just do the easy thing and close my eye, and have never had a problem. :)

Archived