Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OK may have made a coup!

I picked up my 105mm refractor, as you know, but it came without a diagonal. It can take either a 2" or 1.25" diagonal, and I had asked a vendor for a quote on a 1.25" diagonal, as I couldn't afford the price of the 2" ones. So, I went for a look at Canada Wide Astro Buya nd Sell this afternoon, three minutes after a gentleman in New Brunswick had posted a 2" Orion diagonal. This is a person to whom I sold a 6x30 finder and bracket earlier this year. Anyway, three minutes after I read the post, I had sent him an offer to buy at his price. Now I'm waiting anxiously for him to reply. I can't think of any reason for him to say no.

I usually don't have this kind of luck. I'm not sure what's wrong.

I buy most of my stuff from astro buy/sell and usually get good deals on things. The best bit is if you dont like it you can usually sell again and you are just out the price of the shipping.

For wide field stuff you will need the 2" diagonal, and you'll probably enjoy the crisp views in the refractor more than the C6N even though the 6" has more aperture. I look forward to seeing an image of your new setup!

• 2 weeks later...

My mail server informs me that the message to the gent in NB was never delivered. That's more like the kind of luck I usually have. :wink:

I've bought a 1.25" and a 2" diagonal, and a 2" to 1.25" reducer, off of eBay. I'll see which bits I want to keep when it all gets here. I only paid a little more for the diagonals than I was going to on Buy & Sell, and possibly saved a little on postage.

Archived