NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barlowes, powermates and imagemates...

I'm after something to get a little more scale on my planetary imaging. I currently use a 2x Celestron Ultima to good effect, but would like a little more. What would you be looking at to replace it? 3-5x powermate :mad: a 4x imagemate (£60), a.n.other higher power barlow.... :headbang::hello2:

Comments appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Andy

PS. Apologies for the spelling mistake in the title :)

I've dumped most of my Barlows ( couldn't let the Klee x2.8 go;)) and changed over to TV Powermates.

The x2.5 and x5 are 1.25" fitting, whereas the x2 and x4 are 2" fitting. Under good seeing the x5 is majic! but 80% of the time I end up using either the x2.5 or at the best the x4...

I also have a x4 AE Imagemate, which is nice but gives severe Newton rings when used with my DMK21 ( don't get these as bad with the powermates)

Think about achieving f20 -f25 for average conditions, f30 -f45 on good conditions and up to >f50 on those once in a lifetime excellent

seeing conditions......

Ken

I use a 5x TV powermate - Visually I have been suprised how well it works I can use the 13mm with it and it provides excellent views, using it with the DFK also is good and does blow the image up retaining some good detail, however you do need good seeing and the focus becomes alot harder to get right.

Chris

Archived