NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally, a warm, warm room :)

Tim

It seems like an age since I was last able to do any work on my roll off observatory, which has been half built since the end of last year.

Not only has the cold frosts put an end to the tiling of the floor, I managed to smash my thumb a few weeks ago and it was impossible to use tools properly.

but today, in the sunshine, in between gawping at the superb sun spots and prominences on the sun, I finally got around to making and ganging the door which seperates the warm room from the open section, and also glazed the window between the two sections and fitted a frame and surround to it. The window will allow me to view the monitor whilst focussing, and will allow visual checking of the kit without letting the warm out of the warm room. I still need to make the sliding shutter to keep the pier room dark.

So now, just some trim to add, a few tiles to lay and I will be able to move in properly, rather than have to hook up a laptop every time i want to do anything.

Oh, I also added a little feature to the outside, a piece of wall art in a sun/moon design :)

I'll post some pics and maybe a vid of the roof in action once everything is done. The roof slides back over the warm room, so is a great space saver.

Cheers

Tim

That'll make a huge difference Tim. Last week I picked up (in a recycling shop for £5 :mad:) an articulated tv/monitor holder and its brilliant :) I can now move the monitor to be by the window and so can easily see it from the obs for focussing, or have it back in normal position when in the warm room.

Helen

Archived