Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Best Saturn Yet

TopHouse

I've been doing allsorts to my scope, I'll go through some stuff when I'm less tired as I've only just come in, BUT, either one thing or a combination of all the things worked, and worked to the extent that I'm relly pleased. Tonights conditions were very very poor, the scope ended up wet through there was so much moisture in the air, but in spite of the conditions, the quality of my views was vastly improved.

I did the moon for a while, contrast was stunning, I took some video which I'll probably youtube and link, but it's slightly out of focus, I'm thinking I need a spacer for my camcorder attachment ring, think it's sitting too close to the lens and I can't quite pull focus.

I waited for saturn to come up the side of the house and i was blown away, I actually saw colour in it and that i haven't had before, sort of a bluey greeney colour. I'v taken some photos, these are just single exposures, one shot jobs, no processing in photoshop or anything, just as they came out, not astrophotography standards by any means but this was my first go with my still dig camera attached, the colouring to the eye was similar to the second pic but a little more subtle, the pics don't do the view much justice.:-

post-18181-133877434769_thumb.jpg

post-18181-133877434773_thumb.jpg

Nicely done, I remember my first views of Saturn were simply breathtaking.

Hows it all going though, are you getting out much, feels like its been a string of cloudy nights here apart from an hour or two I got last night?

it's not frustrated me that much, had the scope completely stripped and flocked it with protostar as well as centering everything up and replacing some of the bolts with quality ones etc, did my tutorial on focuser centering, now got a souped up 200P lol Also been playing around with camera settings etc, next time I try and do a saturn i know it'll be better, had a play at the moon again tonight and I'm quite happy with it :-

post-18181-133877435353_thumb.jpg

Its looking good, the autofocuser looks like its working a treat. I didnt add one to my 300P in the end as I'm only going to image with the Equinox now, the 300P was just too big to make it comfortable.

I got some shots of the moon last night but its not quite right yet.

Do you have a link for the flocking paper, something I've thought about doing to my newt. Something else I saw on here was blacking the edge of the secondary mirror for added contrast, if I find it I'll pop the link on.

Done that too lol, have a look for my topic 'project stealth' the very best supplier of the propper and best protostar flocking is a user on here called JohnInDerby but I think he's waiting for fresh supplies from the US, do a search for him on here and message him.

Archived