Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 5 question

Hi all, just looking through the registration form and am wondering, as i live very close to the event and there are limited spaces availiable, are there places to set up my scope without taking up a much needed pitch? I literally live down the road and do not need to camp. also how do i fill in the reg form with this in mind as am i paying for the pitch or the event? thanks everyone for your help,

hope to see you all there,

john

Hi John,

I got your registration and added your name to the list. Look forward to meeting you.

The event itself is (more or less) free. The money we collect is used to pay the Lucksall camp site for pitches. The nightly rates charged are less than Lucksall's standard charges, even though they include a small amount to cover things like the tea and coffee which we make available.

What we collect does not cover all costs - there are other costs such as insurance, rent of a marquee and rent of a local hall (more about that in a few days) which are borne by SGL and ultimately the forum's sponsor FLO.

So John, you seem to have found a "free lunch" - just turn up and enjoy it. ;)

Mike

PS I have moved this post to a more appropriate location.

Archived