Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bored...So out come the scopes

Tony.S

I was just sitting here bored, waiting to go round to my mums a bit later for mothers day, so I thought that as the sun keeps popping its head out I would get all my scopes out & take a couple of photos to blow the cobwebs away ;)

SH104379.jpg

SH104380.jpg

SH104381.jpg

SH104382.jpg

Thanks Guys ;)

What with work commitments & the weather, it seems I spend more time collecting scopes than actually using them.

Yeti, you noticed one of the bikes,its an FJ1200,biking is another passion of mine.

Ooh, I LOVE that Vixen Custom 90! Superb...drool....

So do I, it is the first scope I bought just a few months ago, it is in super condition & gives fantastic views & it is my favourite scope out of the ones I have.

I have only just got the Towa, so still have not tried it, apart from adjusting the finder scope..I just know I am going to find the EQ mount hard to get used to after the ease of the Vixens alt-az mount & the Dob mount.

The Towa is in good condition,optically it seems superb, it is complete with everything that was supplied from new, there are several scratches on the tube & finder scope though, but nothing too bad, just not as mint as the Vixen.

Its a GT750 shaft drive, with a blown engine I'm affraid.

I dont find the dob a problem to move around, the tube lifts off the mount by the rings & weighs @ 16 kilos & the mount weighs @ 13 kilos, so not too bad.

The best thing about the dob is that it is set up in seconds...I have a laser collimator & can collimate it in less than 1 minute.The only down side is that it needs a while to cool down to the outside temperature,proberly not helped by the fact that it is stored in my hallway,only a couple of feet away from hot water pipes.

Archived