Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ordering Maxim DL

This is probably a no brainer given the purchase cost of Maxim DL…but is there any point in ordering the box product over the download ?

I quite like the idea of a proper printed manual, but the extra cost plus shipping makes this more than eye wateringly expensive.

Steve

Yes, a 'no brainer'. It isn't just the additional cost of the manual but the duty/VAT position can become an issue when importing a boxed version into the EU. And that puts another 22% onto the already substantial price. If only a manual could be supplied as a download, it would be perfect

Steve

Must take a look at ChmMagic...sounds good..

I have to say the help files and tutorials are really good and I've managed to get in to Maxim DL over the last few weeks and started getting some reasonable results. A paper copy of the manual would however be really usefull...so thanks for the suggestion..

Steve

Derrick

I agree with you. The Maxim Help is comprehensive and provides some helpful tips. If only I had a hardcopy! Does ChmMagic work as easily as you suggest?

Steve

Yes, it worked very well and, if I remember correctly, did not need any "tweaking" of the settings. I used it to create a PDF of the whole maxim help file then selectively printed the sections I was interested in.

Derrick

I paid for the printed manual version and it was worth every penny - the manual is a fantastic resource and although the help files essentially match the manual, we all know that a printed manual to flip through is much nicer than an on-line reference!

Maybe I was lucky but there was no duty charged on mine but your mileage may be different!

Archived