Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flaming Star - Fullish Moon - Work in progress

NickH

I do like the IC405 and IC410 regions in Auriga...

The combination of Emission and reflection Nebulosity in this FOV will be a cracker given better condiitons...

Glad you got a chance to get soemthing its been cloudy here although it musty have cleared after midnight judging by the frost here this morning...

Peter...

As you say Nick, that will be really nice with more data, the texture in the Ha is really starting to come through already, and with some blue filtered subs for the reflection bit it'll be lovely

This is coming along nicely, Nick. I too have been narrowbanding this but as well as the Moon, there were some pesky clouds too. I was also disappointed - though not totally surprised - to see that narrowband doesn't completely eliminate the effect of Lunar glare!

nick...nice target!

this is an interesting one....

other narrowband images of this show good Ha (unsurprisingly) and a lot more S[iI] than O[iII].....i havent seen an image yet that clearly shows an O[iII] signal....it would be great if you can get any OIII to come through

as tim says, using a B filter in combo as well will pick up the reflection nebulosity

i think combing B+O[iII] works pretty well as the B channel

good luck getting the data on a clear dark night

Paul

Thanks Paul. The OIII was miniscule for sure, SII much better.. B filter, need to set up a second wheel (motorized) but the atik wheels don't support multiple instances.. (bugbear of mine for some time now!)

Archived