Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HH in Ha

paul11

Thats very nice for 1 sub, I agree with Steve, give the stack another go and see what happens. When you say it was unusable, what was wrong with it?

Gary

When I put the stack into DSS it came out with far more noise than when it went in, the image was so dark and noisy I could not do anything with it. I’m going to have a go tonight with the modded 30D with a LP and Ha filter, maybe DSS will understand the Data better from a modded cam,,,Paul.

Did you "tell" DSS it was processing narrowband images...?

You Might want to use superpixel mode for the debayering... once you have loaded the "mono" images and told DSS to satck them click on recommended settinss and then there should be a number of "options" one will be super pixel mode ...

I'lll go and get a screen grab...

post-14969-133877429854_thumb.jpg

Bias frames are going to be pretty much essential as well...

To take these make sure that no light is going into the camera and take "raw" exposures at the same ISO as the "lights" but at the shortest possible shutter speeed (1/4000s) take a good number of these and add them into the mix when stacking the lights in DSS...

Peter...

Thanks for your help Peter I did setup DSS for mono, maybe I do need some flats and bias frames, I will hang on to the Raw images, I’m getting Maxim 5 soon maybe this will stack them better,,,Paul.

Archived