Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dew and DSLRs

Camping mat. I made a dew filter for my nifty fifty, and in 3 hours, I had no indication of dew on the lens. In fact, I think it was better than the dew shield on my ST80...

As for the body, I've only ever had any build up on the top of the popup flash, never anywhere else.

What about using something like those chemically heated socks, or gloves that are available these days. They are supposed to last about 3 hours at a time. Might be worth exploring making a polystyrene box to encase the camera in. P/Styrene always feels warm to me at anytime.:eek:

Ron.

Originally Martin asked about a solution when away from power packs and mains supplies...

I have used some 2700mAH NiMH packs that I happen to have the odd one or two (thousand) of with chargers lying around to run stuff as they fit into a varaible output PSU that i also have a few off.... to run an EP dew band...

I also use them for running the DSLRs etc... Scope mounts all sorts of things

Peter...

Archived