Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 Drivers

Ant

The QHY5 guide cam doesn't come with drivers.

Here is a zip file with a set of drivers for Windows XP. Thanks to Pete (adamsp123) for uploading them.

Hope that this is useful to someone.

Ant

PS. If you have drivers for MacOS, Vista or Win7 - let me know and I'll add them to the thread.

• 6 months later...
maybe its nice to mention that you can also use the qhy 5 through the ASCOM platform.

I started having issues with my QHY5 until I moved to ASCOM

They are only developing ASCOM drivers from now on

I started having issues with my QHY5 until I moved to ASCOM

They are only developing ASCOM drivers from now on

thats weird...

i was always running on the tom's drivers.

but on a certain moment that did not work any more for me... PHD did not find the qhy 5 anymore.

so after that i downloaded the ascom drivers and it worked straight away..

did you select the good version of the qhy 5 that you own?

Re the ascom drivers- for some reason ( boredom I guess), I decided to uninstall all my old drivers the 1024 etc and install the ascom-GOT nothing ! Couldn't use QGVideo, no led on the cam at all- was I missing something?

I actually became quite annoyed at myself for tinkering so unistalled EVERYTHING and re-installed those I knew had always worked QGvideoBinst and the 1024 drivers.

However I am aware of a QHY5 firmware update and some issues were resolved thru the use of the ascom drivers so would really like to know exactly what i'd need to get them to work please !

• 3 months later...

I could develop something for OSX. Although I would rather do something in an ASCOM form rather than write a driver (drivers run in kernel space under OSX thus present a kernel stability/security issue).

I'm considering writing a OSX form of ASCOM and I'll probably open source that. It would allow vendors to provide a simple plugin against an interface within a service - that way if the plugin stability causes a problem only the service dies (it's in the service's address space) rather than the user app (which may have important data unsaved). Applications can then easily just use a framework (a library).

I could also make the library allow direct plugins for iOS in the shared file area (services aren't supported under iOS).

AOSX - Astronomy on OS X.. in fact it's such a good idea I've just started it on sourceforge.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived