Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A quick play before bedtime

Helen

I've had a slightly frustrating night tonight - equipment challenges etc. But did manage a few frames of both Mars and Saturn. DMK21 mono on a C8 on an EQ6. Focussing was really tough - lots of moisture around .

I'll do some proper processing tomorrow, but have had a quick play while thawing out before going to bed.

Helen

PS if they are awful I'll blame the fact that I've left my glasses in the Obs ;)

post-13020-133877426335_thumb.jpg

post-13020-133877426339_thumb.jpg

Great pair of images Helen. Well done! I found focusing a nightmare before I invested in a Crayford for my C8 with a focusing motor attached. It really makes things so much easier when it's not jumping around all over the place!

Thanks James. I bought a WO crayford at Astrofest last week, but I must admit I was having a few problems with it slipping or not moving at all last night ;) I need to now go and inspect it in daylight, and get the tension set properly. Its my birthday soon and I've been looking at the Lakeside automation kits from Ian King :p Being able to control the scope and focus from the warm room would be a real advantage on freezing nights like last night ;)

If its clear tonight I think I'll load up the C11 and see what I can get

Helen

Archived