Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting my AZ4 mount out for 1st time tonight!!

toilandtrouble123

well, with the met office saying I've got clear skies around the 18:00-21:00 marl, hopefully I can correctly assemble my new Skywatcher AZ4 mount (it came with a screw driver and spanner... but alas no assembly instructions!!:)) and see how much improvement there is on the awful mount that came with my Celestron Skyscout scope 90. and with my meade 3x barlow that should arrive today, I'll be pushing the scope scope further towards its highest useful mag. so keep your fingers crossed everyone, hope we all have some decent viewing tonight...;)

Natalie

xx

cheers space bat, u out tonight? I am contemplating whether or not to trek up to the hill this afternoon with a tent, some disposable bbqs and grub to make a night of it (conscripting my boyfr into it too, cos who else is gonna be the packhorse) or is it gonna be just that little bit too chilly....hmm....

I see you're in Oxfordshire, maybe you fancy joining the Abingdon Astronomical Society. I've been a member for about a year and it's great fun. We go observing in a group once a month and have two meetings a month with talks and tea and exchanges of tips. Next meeting this coming Monday:

Abingdon Astronomical Society, Oxfordshire

You don't have to join to attend a couple of meetings.

cheers space bat, u out tonight? I am contemplating whether or not to trek up to the hill this afternoon with a tent, some disposable bbqs and grub to make a night of it (conscripting my boyfr into it too, cos who else is gonna be the packhorse) or is it gonna be just that little bit too chilly....hmm....

Yes it looks like the weather will be kind...

Want to see how good this Nagler 13mm is I got yesterday :)

Chris

I'm looking forward to a report on the AZ4 Natalie - I'm interested in it as a "grab and go" mount for my Vixen ED102 refractor.

I've got a 2" 2x Meade Tele Xtender to try so I hope we do get some clear skies.

Chris - I'm sure you will love the Nagler 13 - I had the type 6 13mm and it was superb - only parted with it to get the Ethos 13 but I still miss it !.

Thanks John, I am sure I will notice a huge difference over the std celestron plossl set....;)

Not sure whether to go for the 20mm Nagler or the 19mm panoptic - shame they only do the nagler in a 2" so more outlay to go for the 20mm as I would need a decent 2" diagonal.

I had to double take your opening line in your last post Natalie :):eek:

Chris

Archived