Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 /HEQ6 Gear ratios etc HELP!

I have posted this question before and got answers from various people but cannot find the thread or post and have lost my notes!

I need to know what number of teath the RA worm gear has in HEQ5 and if different In HEQ6.

I began converting Meade fork mount using HEQ motors and gears some time ago and want to get the project finished. Held up by absence of lathe but have just brought one so can now get lots of things finnished off!

Regards

Boyd

Chris, over on the EQMOD site gave this answer about the HEQ5pro vs the NEQ6

"Yes its similar - the overall gearing is the same, 705:1, but the individual

gears are different.

Stepper Gear: 9 teeth

Transfer Gear: 28 teeth

Worm drive: 47 teeth

Worm gear: 135 teeth"

Does this help?

I'm sure somewhere in the EQMOD archives there's a full and definative answer.

Ken

Thanks a lot Ken, John and James.

That is a great help. Just forgot where to look!

I am trying to moddify Meade fork mounts with EQ motors and gears, never liked the little drive systems on Meade for some reason.

The Meade has a worm of 180 teeth so my thinking is that if I keep the same drive motor config as in HEQ6 I should get the correct drive rotation / speed since EQ6 has 180 teeth on the worm gear.

By converting the fork mounts to this drive system I can use my GPUSB / PHD for autoguiding. At least that is the plan.

Any thoughts help suggestions very welcolm except for referal! I have enough trouble convincing my wife that insanity is in the minds of observers only!

Regards

Boyd

Archived