NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meteor, comet, spaceship, too much rum? 31st

Bit late to report on this, but it happened Sunday evening (31st) and reading these reports reminded me. I was outside going for a quick walk with my family. Lagging behind a bit because I was looking at the moon and Mars when I saw a bright orange ball, about twice the size of how Mars looked shooting across and down from between mars and the moon. It went right to left so was heading northwards at 2045 hrs. I had an impression that it left a pale streak in the sky. It was going as fast as a meteor, lasted a second or so and appeared to be travelling in a shallow arc down. Too fast for a Chinese lantern!

Anybody else see this?

Allan

I saw one about midnight, but very very low in the sky, I would say about 15-20 degrees above the horizon. That was orange and a very long tail and I must admit, I thought that was one that could have impacted.

It was located between Ursa Major and Bootes

Apparently a large fireball was spotted over many central parts of Ireland last night at about 6pm. Its thought that it landed (crashed) down somewhere in the midlands. I have heard that it broke up on entry and a couple of larger fragments may have made contact with the ground.

what i saw weren't fireballs but we may have seen a different phenomonon, on 4 seperate days i saw strange orange orbs in the sky. I even managed to get video of 2 of them.

They moved at different speeds on a level trajectory.

not sure what they were but if you go on youtube and search for orange lights in the sky, you will see that lots of people have reported seeing them over the last few years in the uk and worldwide.

All i know is that they weren't chinese lanters and they weren't fireworks.

Did a search of Youtube with "orange lights in the sky" and all the clips showed Chinese lanterns. Ive seen a few.......seen "orange lights in the sky" do the seemingly impossible.

Once those suckers get high enough and caught in high winds...............they can and do the seemingly impossible.

Hi Paul,

What i saw weren't chinese lanterns.I don't have any clue what they were but one flew over my house really low and a perfect trajectory and did not gain or loose height, then a few days later i saw a few of them flying in a formation, then break formation then fly back into formation.

Show me a chinese lantern that can do that.....lol.

More likely to be something like a military drone of some description, something like a UAV or what ever you call those things.

Not suggesting little green men......lol.

• 2 weeks later...

UAVs fly solo so it wouldn't be one of those. last night, about 10pm, 10-15degreess from the horizon directly below tarus. bright orange light must of lasted about 10seconds, never saw it again. far too bright to be a plane and surely a planet or a star wouldn't just disappear

Archived