Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

camera settings in wx astrocapture

hi all,

after getting my first laptop, and installing the latest version of WX Astrocapture i find myself with a dilema.

i`m using a philips spc 900 webcam.

the bit i`m unsure of is when you start wx astrocapture you are given a list of possiable cameras to use and i`m not sure what to click on,

list as follows

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 320x240 (i420)

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 640x480 (i420)

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camear 352x288 (i420)

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 320x240 (yuy2)

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 640x480 (yuy2)

Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 352x288 (yuy2)

i understand the resolution numbers but what is the i420 and the yuy2 all about ?

any help please

Rob

The i420 & yuy2 are the different codec's (codec is a contraction of "COmpression/DECompression"). For the time being this need not concern you. Just choose either of the 640X320 resolutions. If you find that your processing software doesn't play ball, then pick the other one!

Steve

I use Philips SPC 900 NC pc camera 640x480 (i420) because I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is the camera 'native compression' if that means anything to anyone, I may be wrong. I think the idea was that these images had had the least processing done to them.

PS....Think I saw it on the wxAstroCapture Yahoo forum.

Archived