Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Moon pic

spacetrace

Hi,

I would just like to share my very first lunar picture, any comments, suggested improvements would be much appreciated.

It was taken with Pentax K100D, ISO 800, 1/3000th F6.5 and 300mm lense manually focused.

Now for some reason I am struggling to get the image to load on here even though I have added the link to the insert image box... it can be found here:

17445_276800887114_596977114_3754201_6290103_n on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks everyone

Very nice for first attempt, much better than my first try :)

Try a faster shutter speed or higher f number to avoid blowing out the highlights and a lower iso with give less noisy image

keep at it

To upload, go to advanced mode and click manage attatchments then brows to your pick and click upload.

Greenkat

I thought I should have gone with a lower ISO, I have not had the camera long and have been practising, plus getting some tips off SGL before having a go, otherwise it probably would have come out a lot worse without the pre-shot advice! I will keep trying but glad my first attempt looks promising. Certainly worth being out in the cold for!

Archived