Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik Imaging Package

FLO

Atik have introduced their Atik Imaging System which includes the following:

Atik 314L Plus - based on the highly regarded Sony 285 sensor with set-point cooling.

Atik 16ic - a good imaging camera and an excellent autoguider.

Atik EFW USB Filter Wheel - provides motorized filter changes and a USB interface for computer control using either a stand-alone program or ASCOM.

Baader LRGB filter set with IR Cut - premium quality 1.25" anti-reflection filters.

Also includes an Auto Guider Cable and software for camera control, auto guiding and image sequencing.

The price of £1749 represents a £269 saving off individually priced items!

atik_imaging_kit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oops!

I mentioned in my original post that the Atik 314L plus imaging kit included Baader absorptive RGB filters and represented a 10% saving off the items purchased separately. I was wrong :o

It actually includes the more expensive premium-quality Baader LRGB filters with anti-reflection coatings, which means a saving of 15%! :evil6:

baader_rgb_filters.jpg

Those of you who have bought an Atik Imaging Kit will be pleased to here that you have been supplied with the correct (more expensive) filters :eek:

are they likely to offer this with the 383?

I have been thinking about this. If Atik don't offer an imaging kit option we could offer the Atik 383L Plus together with the Atik 16IC, USB Filter Wheel, Baader premium-quality LRGB Filter set, Auto Guider Cable and Software from the 314L+ imaging kit, and pass on the 18% discount :D

£1795 is a lot. You can guide with Imaging Source, Mintron, Watec or other lunary, planetary camera that doesn't has guide port (somehow) and is much cheaper (or you already have it for planets) - so one of Atiks can be omitted :evil6:

1/2" CCD in Atik 16-IC isn't small and will do nicely in short small refractors for broad DS and in mak, SCT for smaller DS objects. 2/3" CCD in 314L+ is bit bigger and better suited for more demanding astrophotographers (if they won't go to KAF8300 :eek:). So why not extra two smaller deals with one camera?

Whatever...the fact is that the 285 will continue to be a perfect mid range camera, and the 383 KAF8300 is going to clean up this year in the upgrade etc market.. everyone I know with a 285 ...that's the next move...

This is a good package at a good price though Steve/James...so nice one!

PS...when I read the thread title, I thought "wow, they have updated the imaging software for the Titan"... ho hum

What would you like to see offered as a package?

I'm going on a CCD hunting soon so... One camer with all extra accessories would be interesting :eek:

Mini DS package:

- Atik or QHY with 1/2" CCD

- Filter wheel (motorised or simple manual one)

- All reductions, rings to coneect camera to wheel and wheel to 2" or 1,25" focuser if needed :evil6: (show this as diagram so people with 1,25", 2" and T-threaded focusers can easily choose correct things)

Optional:

+/- RGB filters (there are various economy sets - QHY, Astronomik, Baader; note which one pass IR like cheap baader set - won't work good for refractors, but will do good for reflectors))

+/- guide cables, sets (ursa minor autoguider?) for guiding with a camera that doesn't have autoguider port.

+/- cheap guider like Meade LPI or other local vendor CMOS guider

Archived