Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pics of the Moon....Yep! I'm at it again :-)

davidscanlan

Hi,

Well after about two weeks of really bad weather we finally had a half decent night here in Hampshire...apart from the mist :-(

Tried to get some shots of the moon, I am sure most of you are aware via my other threads I am a total newbie on the astro pic front, and would like to get your thoughts on them

Stargazers Lounge - davidscanlan's Album: General Astrophotos

All the best

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comment on my pic, just had a look through yours and they are really great. Particuarly like the one of Orion and Taurus between the two houses. Had a go at something like that myself tonight but the light from the moon was too much.

Have just started out on my journey into astrophotography and am really enjoying it so far.

Hope you enjoy yours aswell.

All the best,

Simon.

They are looking good Dave, I think you might be suffering from one of the drawbacks of an SLR for close up imaging... the lack of frame rate to cut through the seeing.. However, have you thought about making them into a mosaic of the entire disk ? use Imerge, you just load each frame in, and shuffle it around till it's lined up, or try Microsoft ICE.

Maybe a newbie Dave, but you have got some very nice images under your belt there. Some very fine Lunar ones.

I also have a liking for wide field star shots coupled with terrestrial scenes, and you did that well too. And the Red Giant Betelgeuse looking ominous.

I think you will soon be out of the Newbie League at this rate.:).

Ron.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived