Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography help!

Is there any way I can get into astrophotography with limited funds.(£120 - Im 13!) I already have an old SLR but Im not sure about make and model. I also have a 4.5" Skywatcher with an EQ2 mount and a really basic drive.

Thanks

With the equipment you have, I'd recommend starting with a webcam and imaging the moon and the planets.

S/h webcams with the necessary 1.25" nosepiece come up on the for sale section pretty frequently.

That will give you some practise and experience ( and something fantastic to show the family and friends!) before unfortunately you have to start some serious saving.

Hope this helps.... we all started where you are now.....

Ken

Ken is absolutely right about the webcam, you will be amazed at the images that you can take of the Moon using that and the telescope that you already have but you will need to have a computer out there with you which could be a limiting factor.

Your old SLR could also be put to good use. If you put this on top of your telescope with a standard camera lens, you could capture some lovely wide field images of the the constellations without having to worry too much about the tracking of the mount.

Archived