Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Logitech quickcam pro 9000, long exposure????

SlipperySquid

Ok so I have been given a logitech quickcam pro 9000 and before I tear it apart remove the lense housing and put it in a crappy project box I would like to know if it will ever be able to take picturs of dso's?

That is can I mod it for longer exposures? I have been trawling the net and there's nothing I can find at the moment on this? Only the tutorial on moding the camera for telescope use!

If it's only really good enough for the moon I don't think I'll tear it apart and just use it as a normal webcam and maybe fashion an adapter for occasional moon recording.

Any advice sucked in like a sponge!

I had a Logitech Fusion which I put into a small project box, and fitted a 2" nosepiece. I put a small cooling fan on too, a 5volt which ran off the USB.

I've never used it on the moon or planets yet, and since I now have a DMK21, It's unlikely it will be used.

The camera is 1.2 megapixel, which is less than the 9000 of course. It has not got LX either as I had no intention of trying it on Deep Sky.

pic. below.

Ron.:)

post-13213-133877421976_thumb.jpg

Yup I think you are right about the -no modding- situation :) But I must just use it for a few cool lunar shots and see how they come out!

I'm just a bit loathe to tear it all apart as it's a decent webcam on it's own!

I may see if I can get hold of a cheap toucam or something modable!

Archived