NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flame and Horsehead DSLR

Coolhandjo

Hi, took this a couple of nights ago.

First attempt at this object with a DSLR (My last post was the same object but with a CCD).

The image is 1hr and 6 min exposure, all in 6 min subs

The camera is a Moddified Canon 350D

The Scope is an ED80 guided on an LX200gps mount.

Darks, Flats, Flat darks, bias frames applied.

Post processed in Photoshop CS2.

Filter used was a Hutech LPS-2.

Comments welcomed.

Thanks for viewing (Press F11 on keyboard for full view).

post-18323-133877421834_thumb.jpg

Beautiful result this. The DSLR ED80 Combo proves again what a potent pairing they are. Of course the processing is in the hands of the Imager, but he's done a good job too.

This is definitely one for publication. get it sent off.:)

Ron.:D

Great to see how it should look. I had a go at this recently, with my unmodded 1000D, just to see if I could pick up anything. Helps to see what it should look like, and how long the exposures necessary to capture it are. Yours is a very pleasant shot.

M.

That is SUCH a competent piece of work! The framing is perfect, Alnitak under control, good focus and tracking, low noise... Beautiful. For me on my screen the caste is a little on the red side. My hunch would be to lift the green a tad. But Hey, it's just lovely.

Olly

Coolhandjo, thank you for that piccy, very nice, and also for the attached info on what equipment you used to obtain it. Have been trawling through the threads to see what I need to aquire the same standard and have been dissapointed to see loads of photos but no info, again, thanks :) .

Jim

Archived