NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik cameras at First Light Optics

FLO

First Light Optics is now an official Atik Dealer ;)

We already have the bestselling Atik 314L+ and Atik 16ic in stock for overnight delivery.

atik_314l_plus_thumb.jpgatik_16ic_thumb.jpg

We are also taking pre-orders for the new Atik 383L+ which is based on the 8mp Kodak KAF 8300 CCD. A price has not been set but we are predicting around £1500. Our first delivery is due mid-end Feb.

atik_383L_plus.jpg

The Atik EFW USB filter wheel is also in stock.

atik_efw_usb_filter_wheel.jpg

The new Atik OAG Off Axis Guider is generating considerable interest. We have obtained this picture of a pre-production sample, the finished product is set for launch around mid-Feb. We hope to have an official retail price later today.

Edit: Based on the current exchange-rate the Atik OAG will retail for £189, we will also make one available for an SGL review ;)

atik_oag_off_axis_guider.jpg

Thank-you for looking :):D

Here's what we know so far about the new Atik OAG

54mm clear aperture suitable for sensor sizes up to 35mm

Removable 2" nosepiece reveals M54 thread which, combined with three screw-holes allows direct attachment to a new incoming motorised filter-wheel.

Smooth and precise fine-focus via a helical thread.

Supplied with three different extension rings to suit a variety of camera/autoguider combinations.

Weight approx 180g

Please note: The above is subject to change until launch-date around mid-Feb.

HTH :)

• 3 weeks later...
We are also taking pre-orders for the new Atik 383L+ which is based on the 8mp Kodak KAF 8300 CCD. A price has not been set but we are predicting around £1500. Our first delivery is due mid-end Feb.

atik_383L_plus.jpg

The price has now been set, at the current exchange rate the Atik 383L+ will sell for around £1500.

Unfortunately the eta has slipped a bit, we are now expecting our first delivery late-Feb/early-Mar.

There is a great deal of interest in this new camera and initially it will be in short supply so if you would like us to reserve one please contact us asap.

Ah yes. Rui allowed me a caress of the 383L+ at the Fest.

I could feel £1500's worth of pleasure in the camera. I think if MikeP could have paid for one and took it home that day, he would have:D. I was surprised at how light it weighed.

Ron.;)

Titan is an ICX424 chipset camera, running at 15fps. The 424 is the chipset from the Lumenera Skynyx, but at 1/4 the frame rate of the Lumenera. It is cooled and is 16-bit, but IMHO the software which comes with it is not right for planetary work...it needs to work like Lucam/AS Capture (Histogram function, and AVI streaming at the very least...and I would suggest a few more controls for Solar/Lunar imagers). It comes with Art Capture, which is outstanding for Deep sky (and the sequencer is nice), but kind of odd for lunar/planetary work.. I would suggest they get on to the Lucam etc guys and maybe get them to implement support. 15fps for a 424 is a bit slow though..

SKYnyx 2-0

and this is laughable

Scientific Dig Imag: New Atik Camera | Company Announcements | Investegate

DSLR...erm a 424 array/chip size against the 12MP current DSLR's...someone needs to understand what they are actually saying... a cooled 640x480 array does not pitch up against a DSLR..

I have high hopes for this camera...just to strike a balance, but the frame rate is too slow, the software needs work, and someone needs to cull that press release...

Still at the price, if they up the frame rate, fix the software etc...it will be a very good product ...£400 (400 euros) projected according to Atik, but it will be square against the DMK for planetary, and that is 60fps, and hardly yielding poor results.. it's dual nature is impressive, but if this was a real goer of an idea...then a 285 running at 30fps (which is perfectly doable at full frame) combination deep sky and planetary (ROI sticking it at 60or higher fps), would be the way to go..I understand it's entry level for both, so perhaps I am being too harsh...but...seems to me like it's "almost" there.. we'll see..

Tell it how it is.. and I am somewhat of an Atik fan, having owned 2, about to buy a third and specced up 5 for Spain.

I so look forward to replacing my modded DSLR with the Borg or TV102 and trying to image the entire Cygnus loop with a 640x480 chipset...

Ah yes. Rui allowed me a caress of the 383L+ at the Fest.

I could feel £1500's worth of pleasure in the camera. I think if MikeP could have paid for one and took it home that day, he would have:D. I was surprised at how light it weighed.

Ron.;)

It's a fine camera Ron...that's for sure...you do need to do darks with it though...unlike the 314L.. so said Rui.. still, full frame CCD with a great QE, not half bad eV level with that FOV...at that price point...

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the short notice but the Atik 314L+ and Atik 16ic bundle promotion officially ends this Friday the 19th. We have pre-ordered a quantity so will continue to offer the package for a period after that date, while stocks last. If you wish to take advantage of the discount it is best to buy sooner rather than later. The Atik Imaging System package will continue unaffected.

atik_314l_plus_autoguider_kit.jpg

HTH,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a Facebook account, Atik cameras have just launched their own Facebook site and are looking for friends. They have astro-images and photos of all their cameras and posting your own astro-images is encouraged.

(I would post a link but I am not on Facebook so don't know how)

Steve

• 1 month later...

A new Ascom driver written by Chris Rowland is available that enables all Atik cameras to be controlled by Ascom compliant programs.

There is also an update to the 383L driver to stop smearing or lines coming from some bright stars.

Both available from HERE

If you have a Facebook account, Atik cameras have just launched their own Facebook site and are looking for friends. They have astro-images and photos of all their cameras and posting your own astro-images is encouraged.

(I would post a link but I am not on Facebook so don't know how)

Steve

It took me a while to find it myself, have added them now:

Atik Cameras | Facebook

Archived