Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher Power Tank Charge question

I got a Power Tank for Xmas; I've looked after it well (always charged it after using etc) but I've noticed that the green 'Fully Charged' light never actually comes on, even after 2 full days of charging.

The actual unit itself is great, gives hours of power for the scope, but I'm a bit concerned of overcharging it if I never get a 'Fully Charged' light.

I did see it once, when I first charged it, but haven't seen it since...is it usual for these things to take days before you even see the light? :)

Thanks

I'm not sure the in-built charger in these units is as good as we would hope for.....

After a couple of failures, I gave up and for the last three years I've been using 20Ah gel cel batteries ( easy to lift and handle!) and a triple stage electronic charger. Works 100% and never, like never have I lost a battery.... just keeps going, and going......and going...:)

Ken

ok, thanks guys; I've just unhooked it and I'll see how it goes.

It's actually only ever ran out on me once, and that was after a long time using the spotlight to fix a camper engine, so I'm not too worried about the battery; rather the circuitry that gives us the info :)

Archived