Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orbit Wedge

I am looking to get myself a wedge for my NS8GPS. I wondered if anyone has any reviews or further information on the Orbit Wedge. It looks like a great bit of kit but its very expensive and I'm going to need a lot of amunition to justify that kind of spend to her who must be obeyed.

Thanks

Darren

Gone and done it now! :-0

I've just ordered the orbit wedge an polar scope from Bern at Modern Astronomy ( Thanks for all your help Bern) I would have ordered my guiding setup as well if I could only get an answer about guiding with a mac.

So sorry everybody clouds forvat least six months my bad;-)

Regards

Darren

Excellent decision Darren. You will find the set up a joy to use once you've mastered the equatorial alignment routine. The NS8 tracks very well, my NS8 had a periodic error of +/- 10arc secs and tracking was very smooth. A good wedge is well worth the money. I guided with a ZS66 but I think an off axis guider is a better arrangement with an SCT.

Let us know how you get on. Some pics would be good

Archived