Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What will i see ?

johnb

Hi

Im out tonight using my Skywatcher Explorer 250 OTA

Skywatcher EQ6 Pro SynScan, i have a 10mm ep, a 25m wide angle ep and a 2 x barlow.

Given my FOV from the garden, I can see from about 270 to 340 Deg, I used stellarium to see whats about and have made the following viewing list

M33, M31, M39

Im still quite new to this so im hopeing someone can tell me what I will actually see - I assume fuzzy blobs ?

Thanks

John B

Stellarium allows you to centre an object then zoom in on it - for many of the objects there is a detailed photo of the object if you zoom right into it so at least you know what sort of object it is eg: globular cluster, open cluster, nebulae, galaxy etc. The views through the scope won't match photos though, expecially with galaxies and nebulae.

Take a look at this http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fov.htm

You can enter your scope and EP and select an object. Its not perfect (you wont see color) but it may give you an idea.

Those pictures are a lot better than I've ever seen, don't get your hopes up! Although it will give you and idea of the size of the object with respect to our field of view.

Edit - take a look at Carol's (Talitha's) sketches, they give you the best idea of what you see visually.

Archived