SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another stupid newbie lunar question

Neutrino

I've seen the fantastic lunar pics posted here, great detail, as if ou could reach out and touch the surface.....

But the stupid question is - can you see where the astronauts landed? Can you get a large enough magnification to see the evidence of human landing? (remains of the lander, car-thing, flag)

No doubt Hubble could/has but this is unlikely to silence the landing sceptics, not exactly impartial or good use of the scopes time.

:)

(can you tell that its cloudy?)

Not from here... The resolution of the scopes doesn't go into that small detail. I don't believe even the Hubble can get in that close. One of the orbiting satellites, JAXA I think, with it's HD camera has picked up the lander and the tracks of the Rover.

Thanks all, very interesting. :)

even if you took the doubters to the actual moon and showed them, they would still argue their case.

If I said I was a doubter would someone take me? Then others would only doubt that I went..... might as well make it a coach load.:eek:

Archived