Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2009 widefield, comets and special events showcase

MartinB

Please use this thread to showcase your best images captured during 2009. Just one post per member but you can include up to 5 images if you want.

The thread is for all imagers novices and advanced. Hopefully we will be able to do the same again next year. Over time we will be able to see the progress which is being made by individuals and as a forum.

Please keep details to a minimum - scope and camera possibly along with a few comments.

The thread needs to be packed with images so please don't respond to the postings

• 1 month later...

2009 was a good year for widefields. I have too many to show here, but here's my top 5:

A favourite - the Moon sliding past the Pleiades - combination of two shots: 1 sec and 1/400 sec, with ED80.

11631_large.jpeg

And colour-saturated:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=721&g2_serialNumber=2

This next shows my only ever shot of a comet: Lulin speeding into Cancer on 5th March - 37.5 minutes of exposure with ED80

19632d1236252221-comet-lulin-enters-cancer-5th-march-lulin-cancer2.jpg

In June I was treated to a wonderful display of NLCs. I always struggle to decide on my favourite from this night, but this shot is printed in the March '10 edition of Discovery Channel Magazine (in what?).

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=465&g2_serialNumber=2

Finally, and most importantly for me - a shot of the church where I got married. 3.5 hours of startrails. I got POW for this shot - my proudest astro- and non-astro- moments combined in one pic :eek:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=417&g2_serialNumber=2

• 1 month later...

During the summer of 2009 we had some spectacular NLC displays.

I managed to see two displays in concurrent nights.

The first night was a low down display, but I managed to get a few hundred images and make an animation.

The second night was spectacular. A NLC display like I have never seen...

Also got a couple of nice lightning shots (one below).

I hope that you like these images!

24658d1247601638-nlc-13-07-09-animation-added-5-9mb-ani_first_sml.gif

NLC%2014-07-09_panorama_PETER_med.jpg

Ant

• 9 months later...

Archived