Question on 200p Dobsonian

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to everyone for giving there advice and displaying patience with me!

I have purchased a 12mm paradigm ep and also a 5mm Celestron X-cel ep instead of a 2x barlow that I think is a good choice!

I will probably invest in a decent lower mag ep in the near future but hope that the above will get me going with planetary and dso observation!

Thanks again,

Jon

Well done Jon :)

You can easily slip into "paralysis by analysis" in this game if you don't watch it. And you were quite right to set a budget and stick to it.

I hope we get some clear skies soon so that you can enjoy your purchases.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was agonising over what scope to buy I saw some good advice which applies to almost anything really which was 'if your spending more than an hour a day reading reviews your doing it wrong, set a budget and buy something and accept it might be the wrong thing but that it will refine the thinking for the second purchase when you will KNOW what it is you REALLY want.'

Telescope House do a Meade series 5000 starter kit comprising of a 5-5mm 9mm and 14mm for £145 you won't get much better than that

Hmm that is a good price. Especially if they had one of their 10% days. :)

Just a quick comment on 2x barlows. As a few of the other guys have said you cannot beat the optical quality of a tal 2x barlow. It is streets

ahead of the other 'budget' ones and does not get beaten until you start looking at the likes of far more expensive apo ones.

cheers

Dave

Archived