Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 and M2 from last night

MartinB

A bit ropey these but they are nice targets.  M33 worth coming back to.  Too much cloud and only got 5 30sec subs.  At 30 seconds with fastar the gain is down to virtually zero with the CLS filter.  No point in going longer.  both with nextar 8" fastar CLS filter and Atik 2HS

image.jpg

M2

image.jpg

M33

Hi Martin , nice to come back to see some images , glob looks good mate , ah yes now !! the dreaded m33 , a really hard one Martin , low surface detail on this one , i found the sky has to be just right for us guys on low subs to bag this one , a good go though Martin and i can see some of the detail there , knock it up to 60 secs when the skies are right ,

Rog

Just a preliminary sketch really Rog. It's not a nicely defined galaxy like M101 so even good images look a bit indistinct. Definitely one to come back to but I will wait for a really clear moonless night and get the LRGB filters out.

Archived