NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Long Eaton

Daisy Daisy

Hello everyone,

Decided to take the bull by the horns this year and buy my own christmas present (everybody else just never gets it quite right!).

I bought my first telescope, a second hand skywatcher explorer 130p supatrak with a set of revelation (i think) eyepieces.

Im so itching to use it its driving me mad. Every night ive had the chance to get on the back yard with it it has been completely cloudy! Total use so far is half an hour looking at the moon on boxing day afternoon. Once i'd got a good view of it set up in the scope I excitedly ran inside and beckoned everyone to come and have a look. Not a flicker of interest! What's wrong with these people?

I nearly wet myself when girlfriend returned later that day and got really annoyed that I didnt show enough interest in the new rug she'd just bought from ikea!!!

Such is life, well mine at least.

Anway, that's about it so far, spending most nights playing with stellarium, checking the sky every half an hour, and winding myself up thinking 'Mars is just there behind that blanket of sodding cloud'.

Great forum, ive been reading for about a week. Seems there's a few other people on here from the East Midlands as well. Hope to get to know some of you sometime.

Bye for now.

Martin.

Thankyou so much for the lovely warm welcome everyone.

Clear(ish) skies for me tonight yay!

Currently on back yard, it must be -5 degrees, I can remember now why kids never get cold. It's just tooo exciting!!

Just done a bit of star hopping, currently waiting for orion to show itself and if i actually get even a faint glimpse of the nebula i think i might die!

First star I ever saw through a telescope - capella

Pleiades just blew me away.

Right, got to go, i might be missing something!

Martin.

Archived