NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Give me a break

Darth Takahashi

In the blumming clouds, if that's what you can call them... Just enough low level mist / cloud to stop any chance of imaging. The night before last at dusk in was clear, so I setup my kit, aligned on Polaris, focused both ccd camera's (Guide & Imaging) and began my PHD calibration run and guess what... Within 1min I was clouded out, so I waited and waited and waited and then packed up for the night...

I think a small observatory is needed in the back garden!!! Now does anyone have good arguments to convince the wife?

From experience you can have a watertight argument but still not stand a cat in hells chance of convincing the wife. Some form of bartering seems to work well for a few of us, with of course the mention of all the extra free space once all the kit is moved outside.

Try to work it so you can make it appear like it is at her suggestion if you can. Browsing the obsy section and making "hmmm, I bet that saves a whole lot of time" comments under your breath should at least get the idea out there.

Good luck!

From experience you can have a watertight argument but still not stand a cat in hells chance of convincing the wife. Some form of bartering seems to work well for a few of us, with of course the mention of all the extra free space once all the kit is moved outside.

Try to work it so you can make it appear like it is at her suggestion if you can. Browsing the obsy section and making "hmmm, I bet that saves a whole lot of time" comments under your breath should at least get the idea out there.

Good luck!

Shurely you just tell her! no?

Thanks for the suggests, I think!

1. Kit out side saving space in the lounge, good point

2. No damage to the garden not the mention all the cold air wafting in and out of the living room when setting up, another good point

3. Proclaiming my sole authority, I don't have a death wish yet!!!

The idea has had an airing and met with a cold reception but I'm still working on it. If I build up some momentum now I might have a chance come the spring, even though its a small chance!

Has anyone used one of though SkyPods? I see a lot of conversion of garden sheds in the DIY section, is it really cheaper and can anyone give me some idea of the costs involved?

Neil.

Archived