Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More Rosette

moocher

Ok,

So its probably not the best camera (Atik 16 ics) with its big pixels to use with a short focal length Borg but its a camera and i`m imaging!!!!

So here we have a bit more Rosette taken with said camera (ta Steve) and Borg 77ed. 8x10 mins Ha (Baader 7nm) guided via QHY5 135mm camera lens and PHD.

For some reason Guidemaster couldn`t calibrate the camera so i switched to PHD and it just worked!!! Just nice to have something to show....

Alan:)

post-16297-133877417402_thumb.jpg

Looks fine, what there is of it. Are the large pixels nullifying the short focal length of the Borg Alan.? It's my Ignorance showing here. Usually, the Rosette is in it's entirety, so I'm trying to understand the relationship.

Ron.

Hi Ron,

No its not a silly question. I was working with an ART 285 with a chip 1392x1040 with pixels 6.45. With the Borg at f6.5 that gives 2.63 arc secs per pixel. The 16 ics is half the size and has larger pixels 8.3 so i`m working at 3.7 arc secs per pixel. In effect the resolution is lower due to the large pixels......HTH

Alan:)

Looks fine, what there is of it. Are the large pixels nullifying the short focal length of the Borg Alan.? It's my Ignorance showing here. Usually, the Rosette is in it's entirety, so I'm trying to understand the relationship.

Ron.

Thanks mate, so much to learn:o.

Ron.:hello2:

Archived