Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Iphone Clestron Nexstar conectivity.

Have one on order myself for iPhone control of my 16" Servocat equipped dob. Next production batch wont be ready to ship till March. Current batch sold out. Was hoping mine would arrive before Christmas but doesn't look like it now. That said, I still haven't gotten around to fitting the servocat to the dob yet so the sky-fi's arrival or lack thereof is moot anyway :D

With Sky-Fi you are getting an iPhone sized box that connects to the scope via Serial RS232. It has a built in wifi transmitter/receiver and thats how it talks to the iPhone. With the purchase of Carina's SkyVoyager iPhone planetarium app can slew the scope and initiate Goto's. The SkyVoyager is obviously utilising the iPhones GPS and Timedata to control the scope.

Another way of adding GPS functionality to a celestron scope is to purchase the Celestron Skyscout and special cable. However, the Sky-fi is cheaper and it gets you pletarium Goto control to boot.

Widescreen centre advertise it for the same price in the UK ( but a £ sign insted of $ !!!!

Allan

That's about right. Every US product advertised in the UK gets the same treatment. Compare the price of a telescope in a US mag and the price of the same item here. Once import charges and VAT are added the price usually works out at £=$.

Peter

Archived