Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Isn't processing fun..

astromerlin

Here's my first attempt at the processing side of imaging. Captures of M42 were taken throughout the month with a Vesta675 webcamthrough a SW 50mm Finder which was going to be my guidescope but I have yet to get 2 webcams working at the same time and it also affords a wider FOV than the SW250. Each set of captures then stacked with AVI Stack and darkframes subtracted.

I have PaintShop Pro 9 and used this for processing the final image, PSP has most of the same tools as Photoshop and I managed to use the PS tutorials on the forum and figure out some of the basic tasks in PSP.

The image includes 20sec,40sec and a few of the 60sec subs I took last night, Using separate layers I adjusted settings and wiggled sliders until I had to ask the missus "Does this look ok?".

One of the problems I have is blueing around bright stars. All my subs have it exept for last nights 60sec ones so thats a headscratcher.

I've had lots of enjoyment doing this one and learned alot in the process.

post-15833-133877415554_thumb.png

Archived