Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Calling all TAL mount users!

part timer

I need some help from anyone with a Tal motor driven mount.

I have recently got a replacement mount and motor for my TAL 2 M

Unfortunately at some point during the last two years my wife has had a sort out of the 'piles of junk' I don't use and my power supply unit is now MIA.

Now 12v ac adapters are not exactly the norm but they can be had, so I need to know exactly what the output is from the TAL unit in amps and so on. I REALLY don't want to blow the new motor!!!

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Luke

Hi.

No mention of amps in the manual or on the unit.

Only says 12V 50Hz.

The Tal MT-3S mount is 12V 50Hz 0.16A

By the way I don't have a clue about electricity, which is how I fried my motor on the latter mount. Just received the motor direct from the factory yesterday.

Andy.

Ummm .... haven't had a TAL for a while and I don't know what the motors are these days but the one in mine was an AC unit and not DC which is why you couldn't just plug them into a battery.

These days them Russkis might have gone all DC but I thought I had better mention it.

Ummm .... haven't had a TAL for a while and I don't know what the motors are these days but the one in mine was an AC unit and not DC which is why you couldn't just plug them into a battery.
Yes that is correct.

I'm looking for a 12v AC power supply for it. There are many available quite cheaply but they all have different amperage outputs.

So I'm just wondering what the TAL unit supplies.

Whilst typing this I've just had an Idea!

If anyone is able, would you be able to check what rating the little glass fuse on the output side of the TAL power unit is?

As a aside, the TAL mounts can be used from a battery if you first plug the battery into an inverter and then into the TAL units. The only reason not to do this is that Inverters seem to be pretty expensive for what they are!

anyway thank you again all for your help.

Luke

Well, I never new they had a fuse! Just looked on mine and sure enough, there is a little screw cover marked 'FUSE'. You learn something every day!

As an aside, is anything meant to be plugged into the Earth bit? I assume not as mine has always run fine without anything there!

Well, I never new they had a fuse! Just looked on mine and sure enough, there is a little screw cover marked 'FUSE'. You learn something every day!

As an aside, is anything meant to be plugged into the Earth bit? I assume not as mine has always run fine without anything there!

Just noticed that, when I looked the transformer out in the loft the other day(I haven't used the 2M mount from the mains in years thanks to the drive controller). I'm the last one to talk about electricity tho, ha. Maybe it's if you have a permanant setup and can wire it to a metal pole or something?

Andy.

Archived