Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette narrow band

MartinB

I've moaned about my technical problems and gear failure enough on another thread. This project isn't really finished. I wanted some more OIII and SII especially SII to reduce noise and allow me to sort out a misrotation. Also wanted an RGB star layer. As it is I think it will be some time before my mount is sorted and I'm imaging again.

Here are the details

Tak FSQ 106 QSI 532 Ha 14x600 secs OIII and SII 8x1200 secs (about 2 hours lost on the Ha and SII because of guiding problems)

Captured calibrated and debloomed in Maxim. Stacked and deconvolved in CCDstack. Finished in PS Hubble palate.

I love the detail in these narrow band images. Quite high saturation seems to be the done thing with these so that's what I've gone for.

post-12794-133877414816_thumb.jpg

Thanks Phil and Dennis. I think the apparent difference in contrast comes from me trying desaturating areas of background to get rid of magenta stars and then treating the background differently. Very careless!

Archived