NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking For A Telescope Under £130 If Possible

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I registered to say a huge thank you for this thread.

Dad (83 years young) has been an enthusiast for many years, but without a telescope for far too long. Sorted! :D

Just ordered a Skywatcher Heritage 130p (was after the 150p but seems they are sold out from the sponsors thread info) + Meade Moon Filter, which will get him going again, and if he perseveres (as I am sure he will) then it will still be a very useful telescope to use alongside something bigger with a motor.

So thanks once again, and a Merry Christmas to you all!

I registered to say a huge thank you for this thread.

Dad (83 years young) has been an enthusiast for many years, but without a telescope for far too long. Sorted! :D

Just ordered a Skywatcher Heritage 130p (was after the 150p but seems they are sold out from the sponsors thread info) + Meade Moon Filter, which will get him going again, and if he perseveres (as I am sure he will) then it will still be a very useful telescope to use alongside something bigger with a motor.

So thanks once again, and a Merry Christmas to you all!

Merry Christmas to you too.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and show your father new things with it. Just showed Jupiter, Andromeda and a few others to my father/mother in law and they loved it. It was the 1st time they peeked through a telescope.

Unfortunately whenever my parents come by it's always cloudy. But I plan to show them around too when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely story to follow:-) hope you enjoy your new scope..I've never looked through one of these, but knowing the expertise of the colleagues who have replied and given you advice, you won't be disappointed!

Do let us know how you like the views when you have a minute.

clear skies for 2010!

best wishes

Dave

Archived